TechSpot

Help: PC Crash

By Pelsdyr
Feb 15, 2005
  1. While I am playing a game on my PC, the PC Crashes after some time (about 1-15min). The PC screen turns off and strange noices come out from my Speakers. I cant do a thing when that Happends, yust to Manuel Re-start my PC..
    I had the same Problems before (2-4 month ago). I solwed the Problem by Deliting ServicePack2. (I innstaled it again when new ATi Drivers came and it worked fine, untill now)
    I have uninstaled Service Pack2 again, but it dient work so I yust Innstaled it again.

My PC:
    1024 Ram
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (newest Driver)
    3GHZ Intel Pentium 4(HT)

I hope some of you guys can help me, beacuse the HP people let me down with this Problem..

Thank you guys
    :blush:

2. Pelsdyr

Pelsdyr TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 26

Please Can someone help me?
    I begg you..

3. tbrunt3

tbrunt3 TS Rookie Posts: 313

Sounds to me you are describing a crash which the cause maybe a faulty or failing power supply.. Random reboots are a sign of it .... I suggest getting a powers supply checker (can be found and most good computer stores ) you plug your ATX connector from your motherboard in to it if all the lights are on it is ok .. this comes with directions..

Follow these steps

1 unplug your power supply
    2 remove the atx connector from mobo
    3 plug in power supply tester
    4 plug in your power supply
    5 run test

Also a local computer shop can do this test for you if you do not have the tools to run the test...

let us know

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.