Help, PC not powering up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortman78

Hello, this is my first post on the thread, hope someone can help. I have recently replaced motherboard, memory, HD & PSU on a freinds computer. As far as i can see all the connectors are in the right place, when i press the power button a red light flashes and nothing happens. The red light seems to be the indication light for the HD. It is really starting to bug me now.

Can anyone help?

thanks in advance

you may have a faulty part. the PSU could have been a dead on arrival part.

try switching it out for another one. send that one you have back.

Cheers, think i'll take it back to the shop today. When i pull the power out of the back it makes a little noise as though it's powering down. Is there any way of testing the motherboard to make sure it hasn't blown? Think i will also try testing the PSU aswel, i found a video on how to test it.

there's no easy way to test the motherboard without a working PSU first. make sure the PSU isn't failing horribly first.

after you know you have a working PSU, you have to detach every thing else. RAM, hd, cd drives, video card, everything and make it so the monitor is connected to the motherboard. leave the video card in if you don't have an integrated card because you can see the obvious problem there ;).

if you get to the bios, then you have a working motherboard. otherwise, you can be damn sure its busted.

i highly doubt it. it looks to be like a hardware problem. you said you hit it and a red light flashed.

i doubt it would have done anything if it was a power button issue.

I've fixed it, wahoooo! I was being a right dosy *****! i had the floppy drives power attached to the motherboard, im suprised i dint blow the bloody thing! that's fot the help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back