Help Picking THE Right PCI Card For Me

By ColdFusion1990
Jun 26, 2006
  1. I have posted up millions of threads over millions of websites for a couple years now. And I finally have some cash to afford one card. I have two choices. A 3D Fuzion Geforce FX 5500 256Mb PCI or a JATON 3DForce 5700LE 128Mb PCI Card. Now, I have read that the JATON can play Battlefield 2. I'm not exacly sure about the 3D Fuzion but I know that it may be somewhat better. I know 256Mb is not always better than 128, which doesn't concern me. Neither does that none of them play ANY game that well. But, I seriously need an educated answer to my problems. My computer is outfitted with a P4 2.8 Ghz CPU, 1gb of DDR 333 RAM, and a 160 GB HD. Please Help me! Here is the Newegg website for the JATON
    and here is a random website for the 3D Fuzion

P.S. PRICING doesn't matter and I do not have an AGP or PCI-Express slot, so dont convince me to upgrade to those either. THANKS!!!
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Out of those two, the 5700LE. The bad thing is that it has 64 bit memory and the FX5500 has 128 bit.

In order to play reasonably BF2, you`ll have to run it at lowest settings. 64 bit memory really cripples the card :unch: :unch: :unch:
  3. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

How about the pci 6200? Best I know of.
    It's also cheap(er)...

Here's a bench comparing 64bit 6200's to the older gen fx5200 and fx5500 cards, needless to say the 6200 comes out on top.
    (and yes, I have a pci 6200, search my gallery for pics, and search my posts for more info on the card, I did a "mini review" of it.)
    Edit: link to my "mini review"
  4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Damn great suggestion Vnf4ultra!

I didn`t remember that card. And yes Coldfussion, get the 6200. It is the best PCI card out there!

Without a doubt, there are WAY smarter people than me here in Techspot :dead: :blackeye:
  5. ColdFusion1990

ColdFusion1990 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 124

Thank you

I really appreciate your comments to me on this subject. I did not realize there was a 6200 PCI card. Thanks a lot!
  6. mscott00

mscott00 TS Rookie Posts: 60

Literally you're throwing the money down the drain by purchasing a good PCI video card. Put that money in a low yield interest savings account, wait until you have enough to upgrade a new mobo and make the best out of your investment. Seriously I know you said you don't want to upgrade to agp, but you've got to before 2010... not joking.
  7. DragonMaster

DragonMaster TS Rookie Posts: 327

It's just $30! (Hey! Interesting to add more video outputs to an old system!)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.