Help please. CD/DVD did read burned cds but wont now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help, I had a problem with NERO burning a CD and I had to shut it down. Now I can't read any burned CDs that I could before this happened. It will read any that are originals and DVDs. I don't have a very fancy computer....I bought a COMPAQ....before you say it I know it may not be the best but it does what I needed it to for a home computer. What can I do to solve this problem. I read another thread were they had a similar problem with a SONY CD/DVD but used NERO too. SONY had no answers but to send another drive. Could this be a NERO problem? Please help!!!!!

you can try cleaning the Rom with a cleaning disk, but if it is an older one it may be just need replacing.
If you have updated any software you may have to check Nero's info tool to see if you aspi layer was corrupted.
You can also check for a firmware update for the drive and then update Nero to the latest version

It's possible those CD's were burned using the INCD format and cannot be read by Windows...try re-installing Nero and launching INCD and see if it recognises them.

patio. :cool:

Thanks, I had no problem reading them before this happened so I don't think it could be windows not being able to read it. But I will try your ideas and see which one works. Thanks again.
<>< ccmmpet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back