Help please! Computer freezes when i plug in my dazzle 90 capture device

By s3lynx
Feb 8, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok i have a toshiba laptop with 768 mb of ram and a pentium 4 processor. im using a usb 2.0 pcmia card and a dazzle 90. it was working fine but then my laptop fell and the wireless card that i had in the other pci slot broke one of the slots. now when i plug in my usb 2.0 card and the capture usb device in the working slot, my computer completlely locks up. then when i take it out it becomes functional again. i also sometimes get a blue screen sayin usbport.sys. plz help and i really appreciate the help that anyone can provide me with
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,689   +153

You need to take the laptop to a repair center and have it repaired. Dropping laptops is never a good thing!
  3. s3lynx

s3lynx Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

lol im a computer tech who repairs computers for a living. i know its a hardware issue. nothing to do with software. i was just wondering becuase i dont know everything, that maybe any of u guys ran into that problem before. but yea everytime i plug it in it makes the bloop noise and then goes crazy as if its trying to find the card and then just freezes. im just too poor to get a new one =-(. thanks for your reply
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,689   +153

You may be able to replace the PCMCIA assembly on the laptop. Hopefully you haven't damaged the motherboard... You repair computers and you're broke... Boy, do I understand that! I am lucky to make $50 to $100 profit on each repair or new build. I am retired and I work out of a room in my home
  5. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Dazzle has a very high failure rate with many of their products... That is a typical result of a defective unit.
  6. s3lynx

with my model i cant. i wish there was an alternative to making usb ports 2.0 without using a pcmia card. i have done my research and there is no such thing. any of u guys ever heard of something. o yea btw thank you guys so much for responding. i really appreciate it and i definitely will recommend this site to many of my friends
  7. s3lynx

lol yea i was lucky to make 130 dollars the other day fixing a womens computer. i was so happy i was like a little kid at a candy store
  8. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Yes. It sucks even more when you look at all you have invested in tools, parts, softrware, manuals. downloads. And the Gummint guys are getting $78,000 a year
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.