TechSpot

Help please! Computer freezes when i plug in my dazzle 90 capture device

By s3lynx
Feb 8, 2007
  1. ok i have a toshiba laptop with 768 mb of ram and a pentium 4 processor. im using a usb 2.0 pcmia card and a dazzle 90. it was working fine but then my laptop fell and the wireless card that i had in the other pci slot broke one of the slots. now when i plug in my usb 2.0 card and the capture usb device in the working slot, my computer completlely locks up. then when i take it out it becomes functional again. i also sometimes get a blue screen sayin usbport.sys. plz help and i really appreciate the help that anyone can provide me with

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

You need to take the laptop to a repair center and have it repaired. Dropping laptops is never a good thing!

3. s3lynx

s3lynx TS Rookie Topic Starter

lol im a computer tech who repairs computers for a living. i know its a hardware issue. nothing to do with software. i was just wondering becuase i dont know everything, that maybe any of u guys ran into that problem before. but yea everytime i plug it in it makes the bloop noise and then goes crazy as if its trying to find the card and then just freezes. im just too poor to get a new one =-(. thanks for your reply

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

You may be able to replace the PCMCIA assembly on the laptop. Hopefully you haven't damaged the motherboard... You repair computers and you're broke... Boy, do I understand that! I am lucky to make $50 to $100 profit on each repair or new build. I am retired and I work out of a room in my home

5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Dazzle has a very high failure rate with many of their products... That is a typical result of a defective unit.

6. s3lynx

with my model i cant. i wish there was an alternative to making usb ports 2.0 without using a pcmia card. i have done my research and there is no such thing. any of u guys ever heard of something. o yea btw thank you guys so much for responding. i really appreciate it and i definitely will recommend this site to many of my friends

7. s3lynx

lol yea i was lucky to make 130 dollars the other day fixing a womens computer. i was so happy i was like a little kid at a candy store

8. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Yes. It sucks even more when you look at all you have invested in tools, parts, softrware, manuals. downloads. And the Gummint guys are getting $78,000 a year

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.