Inactive Help please! I have a Trojan Horse apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im using AVG and this is what it said when I tried removing the files.

[Oversized AV log image has been removed]

It seems like quite a nasty trojan indeed. Anybody got advice for removing it?

You should be relieved to know that the Trojan is not active in your system. System Volume is where Restore Points are kept. The only way these files could affect the system-again-is if you did a System Restore and happened to choose a date with one of those files. This folder is a protected system folder, so although past malware my show in it, cleaning programs can't remove those points, which is why we do the following:

When we help clean a system, one of the last things we do is this:

You should now set a new Restore Point and remove the old restore points to prevent infection from any previous Restore Points.
  • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
  • Click "System Restore".
  • Choose "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next".
  • Give the Restore Point a name> click "Create".
  • Go back and follow the path to > System Tools.
  • Choose Disc Cleanup> let the files compress
  • Click "OK" to select the partition or drive you want.
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous Restore Points except the newly created one.

More details and screenshots for Disk Cleanup in Windows Vista can be found here.

The full path is: All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disc Cleanup> Let files compress> Choose More Options tab> In system Restore section choose Cleanupto remove all previous Restore Points except the newly created one.[/list]

Feel free to do that now, but understand that without any other information, I cannot determine if there is any malware active on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back