Help please. Video card not working. Cant find the right driver.

By doornob
Jul 4, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I was trying to play a game on the computer, but it kept showing a black screen and then the computer would freeze. I started investigating this and found some info on video cards and drivers. I ran some tests and found out that it is the driver for the video card that is not working. This is where I start to get confused. I cant find the right driver to download.
    Info on video card and driver,

Name: SiS_650_651_M650_740
    Manufactuer: SiS
    Chip type: SiS 640 Rev 00
    Main Driver: SiSGRV.dll

I did some research on my video card and driver but not alot comes up. On the the SiS website they have a section where you can download new drivers. This is the link to the sis download page, http://www.sis.com/download/ . The problem is I cant find my video card on there. I dont know what to download. Does anyone know which driver I should get?

I normaly dont ask for help unless I really need it. I know nothing about computers, and have been trying for a week to solve this on my own. Can someone please help me with this. I have already sent an email to tech support at sis.com but it will probably be a while before they respond (if they do at all). So, what should I download. Thanks.

Edit: Also, I have windows XP. Plus I found some similar topics to this one by searching google but all the links no longer work, so they arnt useful.
  2. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.