Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
im kinda in a bind.

my friend has a mac and i got a laptop (dell, vista 64 bit) and he wanted a couple of pictures i have in my portable hard-drive (western digital 1 tb).
so we plug-it into his computer and ......nothing, his mac cant read them. so i eject the drive and we plug it back into my pc, and what happens next is that the laptop makes the sound of as if you just plug something in but you cant see the drive in the control panel.
then we went to our neighbor and plug it into his pc and same results, the sound of plug-in something into a pc comes but cant see it.
i really hope i didn't fudged something by just plugin into his mac.

When you plug it into your computer, right click on My Computer, got to Manage, then on the left sidebar click Disk Management. In there, see if your drive is being seen but not shown. Make sure it has a drive letter assigned and is not autoselecting one that is already taken. Right click, click Change Drive Letter and Paths, click Change, then select a letter like X Y or Z to make sure no other drives have that letter and then go check if your drive is there again. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back