Help! Problem with Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, the other day I came home and found the colors messed up on my computer. As i started messing around with the monitor and other settings, I realized that the monitor wasn't displaying red, only green and blue. Anything that was previously red, is now black. I would get screenshots, but the lack of a network, floppy, and a cd burner is a bit limiting. So pretty much what i'm asking is, is my monitor dying? Or do i just need to get new drivers and hope for the best.....Has anyone ever had this happen? and thanks for any help or insight into my problem in advance.

I had the same thing happen to my old monitor. Everything went very green/blue, sometimes tapping the monitor (or banging it in my case) solved the problem, but it was more or less permanent.

Either a pin is bent/broken in the connector (unlikely), or the red color electron gun in the monitor is dying. Any reputable TV/electronics/computer repair shop that specializes in monitors should be able to fix it, but since the repair involves replacing the entire CRT tube, it will probably cost more than the monitor is worth. You are better off buying a new/refurb unit.

Sorry, sucks I know...

Are you by chance using any type of DVI to VGA adapter on there? Frequently, if it's a cheap one, they'll break away and cause the issue you're seeing.

Thanks guys, and nope, no adapter. Luckily I have another monitor that I can use until I can save up enough money for a new one. Kind of a bummer, but oh well, time for something bigger and better anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back