Help remove Zlob AAIW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

AVG has picked up this infection, but didnt remove it, done fair amount of research on how to remove it manually, but unable to locate the file/extension names :eek:

enclosed hijackthis log !

would be great if someone could take a look !!

cheers :wave:

Hi shopgirl,

Welcome to Techspot!

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM log
2)SAS log
3)Hijackthis log (last step)

This thread is for the use of shopgirl only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I had dnschanger trojan and just got rid of it today. It had installed itself on my linksys router, so anytime I removed it using MalwareBytes, it got reinstalled via wireless router. The simple fix was to reset the router with the reset button after removing it from the computer with the above software. This will mean you have to set up a connection again, but it works! thumbup.gif

I have AMD 6000+ X2, Vista 64 Ultimate, Biostar MB, 6gb installed, 250 gb hd and 80gb hd, linksys wireless router and Motorola cable modem on comcast.

All else failed to remove it completely until I did this. Also the trojan has been reworked, so the original files that you would look for aren't there. I found it with the registry entries. There are no TDSS files, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back