Help Removing Internet Explorer 8 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet Explorer 8 Beta

Hello, in a blonde moment - and probably a senior one too I decided that I could download Internet Explorer 8 Beta - big mistake!

The good news is that it downloaded - the bad news is that it downloaded and now I cannot access Hotmail properly - cannot undate Windows - in short I wish that I'd never seen it.

I cannot find out how to delete it and use Internet Explorer 7 - was quite happy with it. Cannot roll back either - all the dates seem corrupted - of course Windows say that they are dealing with problems but that isn't any use to me now!

Any help would be most useful other than to tell me to go shopping instead of messing around with something that I appear to know little about!

Many thanks for even reading this!

Cheers Dumm :)

Not so dumm

*This reply has been moved from another thread in "Introduce yourself"-- Rick

Hi - I've deleted it - I should have known where it was - and have managed it - easy when you know how - I panicked!

I agree with you - if they are going to roll things out then all the gremlins should be ironed out in a controlled environment - untold misery is caused - and I'm not talking just silly things like forgetting how to uninstall.

I can't get Windows to update - for some reason but that was a problem before I downloaded IE8. Never mind.

Thanks anyway :)

DB

Does it appear in Add and Remove Programs? If so, are you saying it won't uninstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back