Help replacing memory, New to forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I am new to forums. This is my first one actually. Anywho, I actually have a question that i have been quiteUNsuccessful in finding an answer for. My question is this: How do I find out what kind of memory module I need for my HP PAVILLION DV1000 NOTEBOOK? I know I need 333mhz but I am not sure as to what the other specs are. i lost the manual moving from Gemany. I am looking to go with a 1gb stick. Thanks.

go here. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html and get everesthome, its a free edition. this will give you a comprehensive view of what is in your pc, even the memory type, which is prob 'ddr'.
or you can take out the stick and look at it, or/and take it to your local pc shop

OH! by the way welcome to techspot. you may want to check out the links below. they will be helpful

I just downloaded Everest onto my notebook and it says I have DDR SDRAM. I was under the impression that notebooks utilize SODIMM and desktops utilize SDRAM. I guess I was wrong. Also, will it hurt to install a higher speed than recommended, like 400 mhz as opposed to 333? Lastly, I'm sure their is already forum for all this so could you tell me where it is so I am not taking up space on the intro forum? Once again, I would like to thank you for the info. It did help alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back