TechSpot

Help replacing memory, New to forums

By hooah212002
Feb 21, 2007
  1. Hey everyone. I am new to forums. This is my first one actually. Anywho, I actually have a question that i have been quiteUNsuccessful in finding an answer for. My question is this: How do I find out what kind of memory module I need for my HP PAVILLION DV1000 NOTEBOOK? I know I need 333mhz but I am not sure as to what the other specs are. i lost the manual moving from Gemany. I am looking to go with a 1gb stick. Thanks.

2. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

go here. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html and get everesthome, its a free edition. this will give you a comprehensive view of what is in your pc, even the memory type, which is prob 'ddr'.
    or you can take out the stick and look at it, or/and take it to your local pc shop

OH! by the way welcome to techspot. you may want to check out the links below. they will be helpful

3. hooah212002

hooah212002 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks so much.

4. hooah212002

hooah212002 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I just downloaded Everest onto my notebook and it says I have DDR SDRAM. I was under the impression that notebooks utilize SODIMM and desktops utilize SDRAM. I guess I was wrong. Also, will it hurt to install a higher speed than recommended, like 400 mhz as opposed to 333? Lastly, I'm sure their is already forum for all this so could you tell me where it is so I am not taking up space on the intro forum? Once again, I would like to thank you for the info. It did help alot.

5. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.