Help Routher hook up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help??

ok,here the deal.I have a desk top hooked to dial up.All I have ever used.Cant get DSL out in the boonies.Anyway I bougt a wireless lap top with card and also has USB modem to use with the dial up.Ok my ISP said I need a router so if I want to have both connected.So I found one on ebay that said for dial up or DSL.When it comes the only thing with it is the power supply.Ok so now how do I hook it up??
It is a stratitec,has a phone looking port that says"wan"then a 9 pin port that says"com" the another phone port that says"lan" how do I hook this thing up so both computers can e the dial up connection and/or be able to get to my desk top with the wireless?????
Please ...
Thanks for any help

Reading the router manual would be a good start..

I'd say you have to connect a dial-up serial modem to the "COM" port.

I did not get a manual with it...only the unit and power cord.Went to stratitec site and could not find any thing there to help either....so thats how I landed here.

You would want to plug a serial modem into the COM port, does your current comptuer you use to connect online use a pci modem maybe probley so if it oes you would have o get a serial modem then wireless adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back