Help seting up LAN gameing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi every one.

Long time reader, first time poster.........anyways

Im trying to play Risk two on LAN game (yes i know very sad).

I have a d-link wireless router and a dynalink modem. Both my computers have network & internet access and both computers see each other and are on the same sub net.

Yy laptop connects by wireless and runs vista basic (YUK)
My PC connects by LAN cable and runs XP pro

If i host the gaame on the PC and try and join with the laptop the laptop cant evan see the game. If i host game with laptop my PC sees game but i am unable to join.

I have completly disabled firewalls on both computers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Regards andrew

Sounds like a typical problem of XP and Vista fighting like step children lol. I have heard of a lot of networking problems between the two and most people cant fix em. Might just have to wait for the service packs to come out.

yep thought so

indeed ....thats prittty much the concusion i came up with as well.
vistas utter crap. only use it becouse it came with my lap top.

thanx any ways .

Regards andrew

If I could suggest something? Uninstall Vista! Reformat it with Xp and then after vista puts out its Service pack, reintall it from Restore disks. That is the best solution for you right now.

Yea im not sure if you can roll back to XP. besides i brought my computer from a place called dicksmiths in new zealand and the dont dive you any software disks or OS disk. they dont evan give you recovery disks to do that with and im not that desperate to play Risk 2 on lan (lol) im sure the problem will come up again though.

Bealeve me i would have done that allready if it was possbile. Well i saposse any thing is possbile if you want to put the effort in.

Guess il have to wait in hope for the services packs to come out. god dame microsoft relase software thats under devolped and is hardly compadable with other software that they produce.

BRING ON THE SERVICE PACKS FOR VISTA BECOUSE THIS Is A JOKE

Thanx for the advise

Regars andrerw

well the services packs will not help. I have a VISTA computer with service pac1 and three xp computers with service pac3 and all can see each other but sharing files is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back