"HELP" SEVERE PROBLEM with WINDOWS XP- formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_lotus

Hey guys,

recently i had my cd-drive damaged and it would not read.Then i bought a new one for my HP pavillion Ze5500.Well somehow i am unable to boot from the cd.I have changed the boot order.I have also tried to install from windows OS.It works but i want to format my drive.

how can i format my drive and install windows unless i boot.

I have been playing around with computers for a long time and i dont know the answer to this one :p

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Black Lotus

when you say it won't format, do you get error messages?
you may have to use a low level partition program and format the hard disk without using your windows CD.

Have you got your new cd drive jumpered properly....to either slave if it's the same IDE cable or Master if it's on it's own? Or barring that, to cable-select if that's the scheme you're using?

when i say it wont format.I mean that the disc is not booting.Infact no bootable cd's i have are.

The drive reads etc.. in windows.When my laptop just starts it says boot from cd.i press enter and then the cd does not boot.it is no.1 in boot order.the cd's are bootable.

Secondly i did not install this drive.my had gone bad and i asked a proffesional engineer to replace it with the new.

is there anything i can do in terms of without openning up my laptop.

could yu explain that slave and master thing if i can do in setup.

regards,

apurv

i have partition magic.

My problem is for example:

my desktop pc i was able to format my main c drive and then i could boot and load windows.In the laptop if i was to format my drive with partition magic and then its not booting i dont have an Os to run on.

.....help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back