TechSpot

Help!! Sims2 problem..

By mary25
Dec 27, 2004
  1. Every time I try to start playing TheSims2 a box comes up that says: Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufaturer.
    I've already downloaded DirectX 9.0, but I guess that's not enough. What do I do?? :confused:

~mary :cool:

2. karlt78

karlt78 TS Rookie

It sounds like your graphics card isn't compatible with the new version of DirectX. What are your PC's specs??

3. stubborn

stubborn TS Rookie

directX 9.0

Run the EAsyinfo.exe program included on CD Disk 1 (in the "support" subdirectory) - It lists all your key hardware/software/memory vs. minimum system requirements. It will tell you what version of directx is actually running on your machine. My CD copy of SIMS2 had a copy of DirectX 9.0 that loaded first during the install, so you might check there if you still need to install it.

4. LitlAngel

LitlAngel TS Rookie

Support help?

What did sims tech support say to do? Contact info included in CD book that comes with game.

http://techsupport.ea.com
    (650) 628-4329

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.