TechSpot

Help Solve What I Believe Are Kaspersky Related Crashes

By RAZOR0018
Dec 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. System Information Here (Copy & Paste, would not let me link):

"gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&file=4bb4e791b4212cc6e430cfbf27370cb4&Microsoft=0"

Crashes do not appear to occur randomly only under certain conditions. Mainly these dumps occured when visiting streamed flash video links such as youtube or spikedhumor & the other half of dumps occured when compressing images into .cbr format using gonvisor. All dumps seem to reference a driver fault and a kaspersky process of some sort. But I am not very good at deciphering minidumps and the exact cause or how to fix. I tried getting kaspersky to help but they do not offer tech support to trail members. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Uhm.. A whole page written in red, saying that SAS is incompatible with Kaspersky doesn't ring a bell?

3. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

4. RAZOR0018

RAZOR0018 TS Rookie Topic Starter

SuperAntispy does not run in real time at all and is only used as a on demand scanner. This program alone was recommened by the folks at kaspersky themselves as a the best non-clashing spyware application to be used along side kaspersky. They claim that as long as it does not run in real time there should be no problems.

5. RAZOR0018

RAZOR0018 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes I had norton prior prior to switching to kaspersky. I know it has a reputation for being very hard and possibly damaging to get rid of and I experienced this like many other users first hand. I have still found some traces of it on my computer so I will now try the removal tool. Thank you.

Still is there anyone who can dechiper the dumps to be sure?

6. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

Your dumps show symptoms of a RAM problem. An older dump you posted on Kaspersky's forums is an even stronger sign of a RAM problem. Run Memtest.

BugCheck 1000000A, {4, 2, 0, 804e6617}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRemovePageByColor+6a )

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.