Help! Svchost.exe error, system extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
Would appreciate if you can help me clean my computer. Went through the steps recommended .. am getting svchost.exe error everytime I reboot and the system is extremely slow with 100% CPU. Also, sometimes (1 out of 15 restarts), the system seems to function normally with ~10% CPU usage. Attached are the HJT log and AVG log.

Thank you in advance!
Mark

you can delete these items:
all R0 & R1, O17 entries

these entries are proxy redirections that send you to HKC.COM

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is riddled with various nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of techproblem only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i had a similar situation... i went into msconfig and disabled everything from starting up... then i had no problem. then, i re-enabled them a few at a time until i found the ones that were giving me problems...and i deleted them and reinstalled them... but, svchost errors another time had to do with one of my usb devices... so, i'd check that also... running a full virus and spyware scan wouldn't hurt either.........

techproblem: If you decide you want to clean your system, please don`t follow the advice given by AnySupreme. That`s because, if you do, you could just end up hiding some infections from HJT and that would just make it harder to get rid them.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of techproblem only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back