TechSpot

help! system failed memory test after crash: what should i do

By ccj
Dec 15, 2005
  1. comp workin fine last 2 yrs. just 2 days ago, i was playing NBA LIVE and the comp hung up. when i restarted the comp. it kept saying system failed memory test so i left it for one night. next day i booted comp. and it worked but after some time, comp. hung up again and kept saying system failed memory test.
    i left it again for one night. and next day it's working again and i surfed the net then it crashed and kept saying system failed memory test. what should i do

2. PUTALE

PUTALE TS Rookie Posts: 178

you should test your memory to make sure that it has no error. Download the memtest from http://www.memtest86.com/ and boot off the CD or floppy. Then let it run for like 8 hours/overnight or longer to see if there's any error (usually if there's any big error, you should notice it in a pass or two, like a couple of hours).

If you have more than 1 stick, test 1 stick at a time. Also, you may need to test diff slots.

List your complete specs, it could be your psu as well or the mobo.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.