HELP - system halted hardware malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Once in a while my system halts and I get this error message : "System halted Hardware Malfunction".My system is Duron 1300Mhz , 512 SDRAM, NVidia GeForce MX/MX 400 and MS 8137C motherboard.The problem is that I my system doesn't stop all the times.For a while it was crashing only after I started my computer then I restarted it and it worked ok for hours.Now I noticed that sometimes I get this message when I try to insert a floopy disk but not allways.If someone could give me a hand, I really would appreciate it. Thanks.

Check the event viewer and post any error messages you are getting there. Also what OS do you have (and service pack number)?

If its doing it when inserting a floppy you may have something as simple as a loose connection. Open up your case and make sure everything is properly seated.

danutzz83 said:
He He! Your system is old and you havet to buy a new one !!! :knock:
Why would you say that? You have no idea what he uses the system for. That machine is still prefectly good to do many things on.

I am having Windows XP without service pack.
The other days I have noticed that the system sometimes crashes when I hit the desk or at other small shocks.I have opened the case and I have searched each component and everything was in place no loose connections.
Sometimes the crash occurs when I'm doing nothing.I've also attached the events in the Event Viewer.I will try to make a memory test to see if my RAM is ok.My problem is that I can't find out which component is damaged (if it is one) to have it replaced.

Attachments

• events.zip
    46.6 KB · Views: 5
XP Without a Service Pack has an issue with Nvidia Cards. Where it will bluescreen and restart, often coming up with a hardware failure alert.

I have had this configuration (Windows Xp without service pack) for 2 years and never had any problems until now.

I don't know anything about SQL but with all those PostgreSQL errors in your event viewer, thats probably a good place to start a google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back