Help to buy a HDD

I am wanting to buy a hard drive for an nec versa e2000. I was told it needs to be either a sata or ide. Can anyone please tell me as to which one I require please?

I believe it is possibly a SATA HDD that you require, however this is only from a bit of research using trusty Google.

If you are going to be replacing the HDD yourself why not take the current one out and have look, even take it into the shop with you? That will give you a definitive answer.

Thankyou for your reply. It a bit of a story but in short it does not have a hard drive in it and the computer person who is going to put it in for me said it will cost me more for him to look at it to tell me. I tried to google it but got nothing on it apart from alot of laptops of that type for sale. It makes it a little harder with the fact of my limited knowledge tho I'm very keen to learn.

Ok, if you open the HDD compartment (Google should find you an answer) and take a look at the connectors inside. You should be able to use this link to determine which it is.

Back