Help to decide about 2 PC builds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleasing05

which build will be better in terms of performance (no bottlenecks, run any game at good frame rates),
reliability

Pentium dual core 820 2.8GHz
Asus P5VD2-MX VIA
Inno3d GF7300GT PCIE 256MB DDR2

vs.

Intel Celeron 2.53GHZ
Asus P5SD2-X motherboard
Inno3d GF7600GT (or 7600GST, whichever is better) PCIE 256MB DDR3

Vs.

AMD Sempron 2800Mhz
ASROCK AM2 NF6G-Vista GF6100
Inno3d GF7600GT (or 7600GST) PCIE 256MB ddr3

vs.

any build for that price range

Assume 80GB Seagate SATA hard drive and 1GB DDR2 PC667 memory in all the builds

Another big question, is it ok to give up a few GHZ in processor speed to have a good video card?
Also, will this specs not exceed the 60 degrees Celsius safe zone? (not planning to overclock it FYI)

For those who helped me in my video card problem, here's what happened:
Installed the 9550, but PSU had a bit of a glitch.
Glad I brought my PC when I try to buy that video card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance :D

What are you going to use the PC (or 2 PCs?) for?
If your going to do alot of gaming Its probably better to get a slightly cheaper (I wouldnt sacrafice a few GHz, though, maybe a few hundred Mhz) and spend a bit more on the video card.
For multitasking go for the dual core build.
The temperature very much depends on which build you end up making, but so lond as you get a good case and heatsink, the temp isnt likely to go over 60 with no overclocking. (My Athlon 4200+ X2 stays below 45C Under load when not overclocked).

"wouldnt sacrafice a few GHz"
Hehe... Nice one. I must have been confused there.
Will it need a water pump or just additional cooling fan?
Thanks again dude :D

You wont need water cooling to keep it below 60C...just dont be tempted to get a crappy case and psu bundle for $50...

Hmm... If I go to build 2 or 3, will it be recommendable if I replace the 7600 GT with Radeon X1600Pro?

And, can someone predict if the 3 builds can run most of the game released in the next two years?
I know it is hard to predict, but just give opinions. I had received good predictions from this site's members so I wan't to know your opinions.
Thanks again :D

No the 7600GT is a lot superior to the X1600PRO, so stick with it for the time being. I wouldn't get the Sempron or the Celeron though, since both are crappy. Try to get a Celeron D or even a Pentium 4 HT processor coz both will perform better than a Celly or a Sempy. If possible, throw together the Pentium D + mobo and a 7600GT instead of the 7300GT. It will run most games very comfortably.
I think all the builds should run the games that are gonna be out, save the ones which will run on only DX10-capable hardware, which I don't think there will be too many of.

Oops, forgot to mention that the second build was a Celeron D, not just a normal celeron.
Yeah getting the dual core + 7600GT is good, but it will cost more than my comfortable price range.
Hehehe, it disturbed me when I saw that Celeron D and Sempron within the similar price range.
Another disturbing thing, no PSU + casing package costing at least $50 or more in our country. Should I just add another case fan or replace the existing with a high performance one? Its been a concern to me since I'm a little concerned with overheating problems.

I would go with the Sempron build except go with an Athlon instead, your money goes farther with single cores when it comes to gaming, and Athlons are only a little bit more expensive than Semprons. Celerons are trash, if you want intel go with dual core. I'd also go with the 7600GT vs the 7300.

Thats a little bit more expensive though... if you're not planning to overclock you can cheap out a little and go with a lower end psu/case bundle, Athlons run really cool anyway.

What price range were you considering, anyway? That doesn't seem like very much for a serious gaming rig.

foozy said:
Thats a little bit more expensive though... if you're not planning to overclock you can cheap out a little and go with a lower end psu/case bundle, Athlons run really cool anyway.

What price range were you considering, anyway? That doesn't seem like very much for a serious gaming rig.

Price range of about $480 or less which can run almost all the games smoothly even if not in max settings.
The build is much like econo-gaming rig since I'm still a student on a low budget allowance and is craving to play a PC in my extra time.

May I recommend that you build your own computer? I did this and saved a tremendous amount of money. It is very easy to do, and if you have issues, you can contact us :D .

Amen!

cfitzarl said:
May I recommend that you build your own computer? I did this and saved a tremendous amount of money. It is very easy to do, and if you have issues, you can contact us :D .
I agree completely

Yes I know. I got them on a brochure in a shop here in our country and devised the 3 builds. I'm just trying to get the opinions of the people in this site to determine which is the better of the three.
Also, this is not a specification of a branded PC. If it is, It may reach $600 mark...
oh yeah, on the $480 price range, the monitor and AVR is not included. So the price is only the CPU.
Anyone have other builds that is about the same price range with the first three?
My sincere gratitude to you guys :D

Where exactly are you located? If possible, I would recommend the FX-55 from Newegg. That, coupled with a 939 mobo, which are cheap anyways, will get you a great CPU combo, which u can use with the 7600GT to get awesome gaming performance. But it's only possible if ur located in the US.
Otherwise, get an Athlon 3800+ or 3700+ and an AM2 mobo, along with the 7600GT.

Uhm... I live in the Philippines.
Also, there's somehing about the price. The above build I posted earlier cost 24000 Philippine peso.
in Us dollars, that costs about $480
But I checked in newegg, and it priced at $500 or greater.
Sorry for the monetary confusion earlier.
BTW the site is very slow to load lately.
Any recommendations?
Thanks again guys :)

Hmm, in that case, get the Sempron build. It will provide much better gaming performance than the Celeron D since it gives performance roughly equal to an Athlon XP 2800+ and will run games a lot better than the Intel CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back