Help to remove Trojans - Pakes.U. Generic.WUE, DialerBZB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ive been having problems with my computer the last couple of days after my dumb brother used my computer. Ive seen there were a couple other threads regarding this same problem and tried unsuccessfully to follow the instructions in other threads. AVG is continuously popping up saying i have these 3 Trojans.

Ive followed the main readme threads and this is my HTJ log.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download the Pocket killbox programme for HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Make sure you have the latest definition files for your antivirus programme and Ewido.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run a fully system scan with your antivirus programme and delete whatever it finds. This includes files in the virus vault.

Run a full scan with Ewido and delete whatever it finds. This includes flies in quarantine.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Windows Mouse Utilities

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

mouseutils.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5EF57898-FDD0-45F4-A62B-67E21C2E0774} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {a43385f0-7113-496d-96d7-b9b550e3fcca} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ixt0.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Mouse Utilities] mouseutils.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B739C5BF-BF65-4A1C-9155-75395D0EADF4}: NameServer = 203.134.64.66,203.134.65.66<Only fix this, if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winhoo32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winhoo32.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

mouseutils.exe Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winhoo32.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Run a full scan with Ewido and post the Ewido log as an attachment, as well as a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of shinobi only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is clean.

How`s your system running?

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of shinobi only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ive been using it the last couple of hours and no pop ups. It took a while but it was worth it. Thank you very much for your help:)

Do you think its a good idea to keep a copy of my clean HJT log to compare in future if more problems arise or is it best not to mess with HJT?

You`re better off not using HJT, unless you know exactly what you`re doing. It can cause some serious system problems, if you mess with the wrong entries.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back