help to remove whataboutadog

Status
Not open for further replies.
my office computer got infected by whataboutadog and IE running very slow but sent and recieve bytes very big . and i've download hijackthis and AWF and had checked it and attached here. please help me to remove the malware.. thanks in advance

xiao_zhu

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Right click on this link DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [5T19I3B27A] C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.doginhispen.com

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.whataboutadog.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B067C9D3-03DF-4DE9-8EB7-05125461CA78}: NameServer = 202.146.255.3 202.146.255.5<Only fix this, if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe<DO NOT delete any other instance of this file from any other location.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool. Then, do the following
Select "option #2 - Restore files from bak folders" by typing 2 and press Enter .
A text file will open up. Please copy/paste the following text from the quote box (all except the word QUOTE) into the text file.

"C:\Program Files\Winamp\bak\winampa.exe"
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\bak\ctfmon.exe"
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\bak\NeroCheck.exe"
"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\bak\PDVDServ.exe"

Close the .txt file and click Yes to save the changes.
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad. Please post the results of the awf.txt in your next reply as an attachment.

Post a fresh HJT log as well.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of xiao_zhu only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back