help! trojan virus generic2.wue

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys my AVG found 160 of these as infected .exe files and like threw them all in the vault! i cant open some of my programs now (e.g. riva, cdisplay, etc.) and the .exes dont appear to be healed at all ><
what do i do to fix this? i need to get rid of those generic2s and fix the run exe problem cuz even if i restore it, when i try to open it, avg vaults it for me!
Pls help me asap!

i cant upload the .xml or a .log because its over 100kb as well, what should i do?

trojan virus generic2.wue

Please check the spelling here. I can't find anything.

Edit:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of orochishinobi only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Nothing on the Trojan itself, but file extension 'wue' can be ".wue" (weather.uwyo.edu)

Another reference is Trojan horse Generic WUE: "However.... now Trojan horse generic.WUE is popping up again in the cache files for MSIE (getting an AVG popup), and I haven't even used MSIE during this whole process and it's not running in the background."

This person finally got rid of it> "I think the thing is finally cleaned off. I ran Trend Micro's online scan and it found some stuff that none of my stuff on my hard drive found, and I think it irradicated the last of it."
http://utterlyboring.com/archives/2006/07/03/where_the_hell_1.php

I do suggest though that you take advantage of the HijackThis help. chances are you have other malware infections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back