Help...Unable to copy a (copied) dvd to blank dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I'm new to this forum. I would appreciate any help. I have a plextor 716a dvd burner that I'm trying to burn a (copy of an original movie) to a blank Verbatim DVD+R. I'm using a Samsung DVD rom to play and the plextor to copy. I'm using Nero 5 and when I try to copy I get an error message "the medium is blank or invalid". I did try another medium, a Sony dvd+r and that didn't work. I have been able to copy a cd rom to a blank dvd+r using the drives so it seems that they are configured correctly. I am able to burn dvds without any problem from hard drive to dvd+R. It's only when I try to burn dvd to dvd that I have a problem.

Thanks
Bluedog

Are your DVD burner and DVD player on the same ribbon in your case? This could cause some data transfer problems.

any other suggestions?

Yes, Nero 5 does support dvd writing. Yes, both dvd players are on the same 80 conductor ribbon. The Plextor burner is the master and the Samsung rom is the slave. I'm using my Samsung drive to "play" the previously copied dvd and the plextor drive to copy. I followed Nero's instructions and when I choose "copy", I get a message stating that the source drive is empty. I am able to play dvd's from the Samsung drive, so I know that drive works. It's only when I try to copy dvd to dvd that I have a problem. Are there any other suggestions? I don't have much time. I'm trying to decide whether to return the Plextor 716a DL burner for the Sony DRU10a DL.

Bluedog

Copying with Nero5 Invalid media

Just had a similar problem. I have just upgraded to Acrobat 7 Pro and suddenly Nero refuses to copy CDs and give the message invalid media etc. Other CD software seems to work but somehow Adobe seem to have killed off Nero. I'm going to give Adobe a hard time over this.

Regards

Knowledgbuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back