HELP unsure of ram working, need some help. HAVE cpuid screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsskater892

Hi, I had 1gb(2x512) of ram, then i upgraded my ram to 2.5gb(2x1gb + 512mb), i have a asus k8vse deluxe motherboard, which has three spots for ram so in the first spot i put the 512 and in the second and third spots i put the 1gb sticks. my computer seems to be working fine, but idk if its running faster because i formated my hard drive or because of the ram. so i need someones help. I took screenshots of cpuid to give anyone who can help a better understanding of whats going on. If you notice on the spd files (labled sbd1, sbd2 and sbd3) the differnt numbers are for the differnt slots. the first slot says 512, but the other ones only say 4mb. is that becuase thats all im using in ram, or because its not working properly? thanks so much and heres the pics

you have a problem betwin the 512mb module and the rest
on shots its shown that the 2x 1gb is not recognized correctly
remove the 512 and leave only 2x 1gb
the problem is in timings and the diferent clock of the sticks and they wont work together

regards

there is a several ways
pressing ctrl+alt+del will poup the task manager, in the performance tab youll see Physical Memory (total)
other way is to get some benchmark program and make a test
Everest Home Edition will show the timings, clock and other info for the each stick (just like cpuz)

hey, thanks so much, Im very pleased its working fine. thanks alot! and also i want to overclock my processor, could you help me with that.

im not so fimilar with OC so i can provide u only a basic stuff that u can find easily over the net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back