TechSpot

Help upgrade DirectX 9.0c drivers for Nvidia ge force 3 ti200

By tharju
Jun 27, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need big help here, I have no idea how to accomplish this or even if I can at this point. I purchased Hitman Blood money and when i loaded it the program wouldn't start so I went to "Read Me" and it said I have to upgrade drivers for DirectX 9.0c from your card manufacture before it will work. Can this be done with this old of a card? and if so, how and where do I find the drivers to accomplish it, thanks in advance for any direction. My video card is Nvidia Ge force 3 Ti 200 - Please Help
    t

2. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,198

Hi tharju-
    Unfortunately, this game needs Pixel Shaders 2.0 or higher and the Geforce3 only supports pixel shaders 1.1.

It's complaining because you do not have a DirectX 9.0 compatible videocard, so you'll need a videocard upgrade I'm afraid.

3. tharju

tharju TS Rookie Topic Starter

purchased Nvidia 7600 GSOC

Hey all, I just purchased the nvidea 7600 GSOC to replace my ge force 3 ti 200. Will I now or should I now be able to play hit man blood money?
    please help, I love the hit man series.
    tim

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Yes that card will be able to easily play Blood Money maxed out. BTW, what power supply do u have i.e. what is the brand name, wattage and power on the +12V rail (all this info is on the PSU sticker). U may need to get a new one because of the power-hungry nature of the 7600GS.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.