Help>>>> USB thumb drive security lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys..... i acciendltly forgot my password for my thumb drive....i cannot format it or acesss it..... is there any way to by pass the security or a program to crack the drive, :dead:

Your shift key seems to be broken.. Don't worry, I fixed the title :)

No. The encryption feature is there to make the data on the USB drive theft-proof and there is no easy way around it (it would be rather silly, if there was an on/off switch for it on the drive, don't you think?). Also, the encryption is manufacturer-specific meaning that any tool would have to be made for exactly your kind of flash drives.

hmm... but wat i mean is that.... there is a software in the drive called passid.exe....i need to something to crack the this software..... this software has locked up my thumb drive...... do anyone of yu have security overwrite software or something :eek:

If the encryption scheme used on your thumb drive is worth anything, then your password is a part of the encryption algo itself and unless you supply the password the data simply cannot be encrypted (brute force is always an option of course :) ).

It is not like that program checks if you gave the right pass and then promptly decrypts the data. Your password was used to generate the encryption algorithm and it is also needed to generate the decryption algorithm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back