Help. vcr hooked up to computer using movie edit pro 10 no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased movie edit pro 10 to make vhs tapes to dvds. I hooked it up and have picture but no sound. My cable is run through the computer but it has no sound on this program either. I also have arc soft. This program runs fine. Has sound. It doesnt have the features that movie edit does. I have tried for 2 days through help on program and internet. I did not have a 16 bit sound card. Purchased and installed yesterday. Still no sound. I am running on windows xp professional, 160 gb hard drive, 512 mb ddr sdram, nvdia geforce fx 5200 graphics card, sound blaster audigy se. if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Tech support at movie edit pro says it will take 8 days just to respond to my request.

What kind of cable do you have? You need to run a separate cable from the audio out on the VCR to the input on your soundcard.

If you had a sound card before, then your purchase was useless. Any soundcard made in this century is 16-bit.

I have broadband cable. I have an xp with the media center. There are the red yellow and white connections on the front of the computer. I have everything hooked up there. Is there somewhere else I should be connecting to when you say to hook into the sound card. This is all new to me. Thankyou

Assuming that the front panel connectors are actually connected, they run into your integrated soundcard. So you'd better take out the new one you bought just to make things easier. Look around in Movie Edit Pro settings and see if you have an option to choose the audio input device - it may be defaulting to something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back