Help Video lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello im very new to these forums but I am desperate for some assistance.

I have a new Computer Top of the Line

Specs

Processor- 3.2 P4 LGA775
Ram- Geil Dual Process 1 GB
VideoCard- X850XT 256mb
Service Pack 2
Direct X9.0c

Problem. You all know my system specs now I can share my problem with you. Whenever I play BF1942, or any first person shooters I experience severe Video Lag. Even on low settings it still comes back to haunt me.

This is wat Happens. I walk a few feet... Freeze then appear in a differnt location. You know good ole lag for ya. I know one thing thought with the video card I have in there this should not be happening.

Ive checked my drivers. Problem with Direct X? Service Pack 2? Ram? Its quite annoying when you have a top of the line machine acting like a $200 dollar Dell PC. Any help would be appreciated

are you playing multiplayer? if so what happens if you play single player..

if you can not play single player as well as multiplayer i would say yep its somethng with your system settings possibly hardware.. if it only happens on multiplayer.. you are experiencing some bad network lag...

I can't tell you that this will resolve your problem but a lot of these monster cards take a majority of the pci latency keeping other devices waiting. You can try this tool and read through these forums to see if this might apply to you.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

If you can change the pci latency in your bios then this tool will be useless but its a start.

What applications do you have running in the background? Have you updated everything like the bios, video drivers, audio, ect?

Yeah, That was the first thing I tried was the Whole Driver Updates. Thanks for the Site Ill check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back