Help! Wallpaper Changing - Warning me of Viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this problem on here numerous times, however, mine is slightly different. The most common solution I have read is to go into the Internet Settings and change the viewable files, or unselect "Web", etc... The problem is, this virus will not let me change any such settings. Here are the brief details...

This evening,all of a sudden my wallpaper changed and says Warning...Spyware Threat Detected on your PC." This background is saved under the file name "yod" in my settings. I have tried deleting it...no luck. I have done virus scans...no luck

Here's where it gets better. My computer is working fine, other than...1) regedit is a dark shade of gray and I cannot click anywhere to make changes. 2) Windows Task Manager gives me the same problem - shaded gray and I can't click. 3) The yellow triangle icon is in my tray popping up with messages every minute. 4) I have no signs of this Spy Sheriff program in my programs and have never seen it anywhere. 5) If I try to change my wallpaper, or any other internet settings, again, it does not allow me to click inside of the box. I can open internet settings...but can't do anything from there. This happens even if I try to change settings elsewhere - like in Microsoft Excel to change the format of text - it will let me open the setting, but I can't click to change settings. It's as if anytime I want to change any settings, I am locked out...including Task Manager.

I am stumped??? Can anyone help me at all. MUCH APPRECIATED!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Go HERE and follow as many of the instructions as you can.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of goods1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I had this a long time ago, before i formatted. it has evolved. it appears to have turned your account into a limited account.
When emailing spysheriff, do include threats of legal action, otherwise they dont respond. (personal experience. not a joke.)
the way i killed it was through a manual deletion thru regedit first of the blocking code. you cant do this anymore, so i believe you need a professional. feel free to delete this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back