TechSpot

[HELP] Which is better Radeon 9200se or Geforce Fx5200.

By numan
Jul 31, 2005
  1. I have two cards ATI Radeon 9200se and Geforce Fx5200.Both are of 128 mb. Which one is better.I want to replace one of them.

One more thing i also want to buy a good 3d card (better than ATI 9200 and Fx 5200) but i have a limited money so plz tell me which one is better for me. I have a motherboard with agp 4x.

2. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,198

Both the 9200se and 5200fx are obnoxiously obsolete by today's standards. It's really a toss-up, with the 5200fx likely being a hair slower in some games, but offerring PS/VS2.0 (DX 9.0) whereas the 9200se offers PS/VS1.4 (DX8.1). So... it's up to you and your games. Both cards are severely fillrate and memory bandwidth strapped.

As far as a new videocard goes, the 6600GT is pretty hard to beat for an AGP system. If this is a tad out of your pricerange, the 9800 Pro has been reduced in price to staggering lows at NewEgg. I'd recommend a 9800 Pro from NewEgg (due to price vs. performance), or a 6600GT if you can afford one.

3. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

A 6200 would be cheaper, if you can't affort a 9800pro. Newegg had one for $75, a pny 128mb version.

4. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

5. numan

numan TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 73

I live in country Pakistan. In my country the curency is PKR (Pakistani rupee).
    60 PKR is of 1$. So is there any website on which i can buy 3d card in my curency and the website ships the card in my country.

6. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

Some Ebay sellers will ship worldwide, but you should ask before bidding.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.