Help wih Geforces 2 GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you buy a pre-built system? It should be in your documentation somewhere.

Where did you get it?

Look at the card itself. It may have a manufacturer's label or name on it somewhere. I'm presuming you don't have the original packaging

yeap its secound hand and only got serial numbers on it i used sandra this is all it would tell me

Nvidia Corp GeForce 2 /Geforce 2 Pro [NV15]
Geforce 2 GTS
Bios 3.15.0013

Looks like it's just manufactured by NVIDIA.

You don't have a 3rd party distributor. There's really no difference at all.

Except you don't get a game package, fancy packaging and a driver CD :D

You can just download all that from NVIDIA's website

Best bet is to have a look at the actual card itself. Look for some company name on the PCB board of it. Should be some indication of who makes it.

Guys i understand your helping but why do u quote and copy what i said in the first box? Theres 5 replies which all say re-worded what i said.

For example Vehementi why bother quoting and putting a smiley ?

And i know u gonna delete this but i feel its a failed point whcih happerns thoughtout Forum.

Look it up by FCC ID number if all else fails. The number sould be located on a corner of the card, or it may say FCC ID xxxx or something like that. All circuit cards are required to have an FCC ID. This number will identify the manufacturer of the card as well as other info.

If you get the new Fresh Diagnose @ www.freshdevices.com it will identify the card maker > Open 'Hardware system' > 'PCI busses' > select 'AGP Cards' in 'Classes' & the card in 'Devices' & under 'General' there is a 'Subsystem device vendor' > for me it says: VisionTek & that is correct. :cool:

HTH,

PS: I just dl'd it last night or I'd have said this in yesterdays post. ;)

Originally posted by JAV
If you get the new Fresh Diagnose @ www.freshdevices.com it will identify the card maker > Open 'Hardware system' > 'PCI busses' > select 'AGP Cards' in 'Classes' & the card in 'Devices' & under 'General' there is a 'Subsystem device vendor' > for me it says: VisionTek & that is correct. :cool:

HTH,

PS: I just dl'd it last night or I'd have said this in yesterdays post. ;)
Ok i have tryed this just now and it comes up
SubSystem Device name = unknown
Subsystem Device Vendor =Nvidia Corp

any idea anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back