help:window reinstall/Possible hard drive problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyodeeper

help when i reinstall my window it give me a error message of "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system"pls help me...my laptop is m-life hyundai..i hate search the forum abt this problem but i cant any solution to be solve it...thanxx

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Can you give us some details as to what happened and why you want to reinstall Windows?

As much info as possible, will help us to fathom out your problem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

erm...first of all thank for yrs kindly reply..erm.i reinstall because i cant get into the window...it give me a blue screen with a message of "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut doen to prevent damage to yours computer,UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"i restart many time also cant get into the window so i decide to reformat the laptop...but when i try to reformat..it give me a error message of "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system....."how to load the harddisk?

Mmm, that sounds like a hard drive problem to me.

Take a look at this thread HERE and download and run one of the hard drive diagnostic utilities. Check your hard drive and see what the result is.

Regards Howard :)

erm soli for my stupid question..my one is m-life hyundai laptop which Drive Diagnostic Utilities should i choose ?and i cant even get into the window i should i use it ?

another big problem is this laptop don even have a dikette drive ....can i unplug the dikette drive from my another destop com and plung it in?

You would need to run the powermax utility. You will need to download the ISO version from HERE and burn it to a cd as per the instructions.

Then restart your computer with the Powermax cd in your drive and let it test your hard drive.

Please let us know the results.

Forget trying to put your floppy drive into your laptop, it won`t work.

now it appear like
u
cache siaze :7670kb(XMS)
Minimum cache size:1024kb
write-through dives: A B

then

Current options
/MLX program is loaded into conventional and XMS memory using DPMS
/BL=16 lookahead buffer is in conventional memory,size is in KB
/LEND=ON Lend memory to other applications-6646KB avaible
/DELAY=OFF Write delay is disabled.caching is write-through

then

caldera DR-DOS 7.03
copyright (c) 1976,1998 caldera Inc. All rights reserved
[DR-DOS] A:\>

wat is this izzit asking me to choose a option and write into the [DR-DOS] A:\> ?but which option should i choose?

Installation Confirmation Test:
In the “Select Test” window Highlight “Installation Confirmation” and press [Enter]. The “Test Status” window identifies each test and its results. Before and during the test, the “Current Drive” window displays information about the Maxtor drive selected for testing. If the drive passes the “Installation Confirmation” tests, a results window will display: Congratulations! Your Maxtor Hard drive is correctly installed. Press any key to continue. Press any key to return to the “Select Test” window.
Basic Quick (90 Second) Test:
In the “Select Test” window highlight “Basic Quick (90 Second) Test” and press [Enter]. The “Test Status” window identifies the test and displays the results of each test. At the conclusion of the “Basic Quick (90 Second)Test” a window displays the test results. If the “Basic Quick (90 Second) Test” passes, a results window will display: Congratulations! Your drive has passed the Basic (Quick) Test. If you are still experiencing problems, please run the Advanced Test to re-certify your drive. Press any key to return to the “Select Test” window
Advanced Test (Full Scan Test):
The Maxtor PowerMax Advanced test runs the basic 90 second quick test, then scans the entire drive (sector by sector) to find errors. This can be a long test (20 – 30 minutes) depending on drive capacity. Perform this test only if the drive has passed the first two tests but the drive is still not performing properly.
In the “Select Test” window, highlight “Advanced Test (Full Scan Test)” and press [Enter].
If the drive passes the “Advanced Test (Full scan Test)” a results window will display:
Congratulations! Your drive is certified error free
Press any key to continue and return to the PowerMax Main Men

i don understand this three step...when i download the file right is in the winrar format...the i unzip it and burn it using nero to a bootable cd am i wrong?

Do not unzip the file. It only looks like a WinRar file because your WinRar is set to be associated with iso files. This is where you have gone wrong.

Place an empty cd-r in your drive.

Run Nero burning rom and cancel the New compilation screen.

Click recorder and choose burn image. Browse to where you saved the Powermax file, click on it and click open. Click the burn button. When done, place the newly burned cd in your drive and reboot your computer. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Edit: For future reference, do the following.

Click start/all programmes/WinRar/WinRar

Click on the options menu and select settings. Click the Integration tab and in the lefthand pane untick the iso box. Click ok and close WinRar. Now when you download an ISO file, it`ll look like an ISO file and not like a WinRar file.

it goes well until it reaches it dectecting device....and it show me
select device
SIS922 primary master no device found
SIS922 Primary slave no device found
SIS922 secondary master TSSTcorpCDW/DVD TS-L462A
SIS922 secondary slve no device found

so how am i going to fix this problem???

erm MrNoname thank for yr suggestion as i say i m a noob here ...the untimate boot cd contain many many tool that i dono can u suggest some tool that can help me plss thankxx

howard_hopkinso still got any suggestion to help me ma?

Oh dear,that`s not good.

I`m afraid to say, your hard drive is probably dead and will need to be replaced.

I suggest you take your laptop to your local pc repair shop, or if it`s still under warranty, you should contact the vendor where you got it from.

Regards Howard :(

haizz...ok thanks for the help..really thankss...i got another question if my another com is also blue screen like this laptop got a blue creen error...got any bootable software that support to fix this error and got any bootable software that can back up my file during this error...try introduce some...thank:)

For your other computer, you should go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps to a new thread in this forum. Give as many details as you can about the problem and when it first started etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back