Help! Windows XP randomly restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirei Blossom

This has happened for the second time: Only a few minutes after I opened the computer, Windows suddenly starts restarting, and when it restarts, I get a window saying that WIndows has just recovered from a serious error and asks if I want to send an error report to Microsoft or not.

The details of the error report are these:

Error Signature:
BCCode : d1 BCP1 : FFFFFFE8 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001

BCP4 : F6FAD356 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 768_1

Following files will be included in the error report:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080605-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\family\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have no idea what this means, but hopefully some of you might help me fix the problem. Thanks

xp prob

its possible that you have a hijacker, update your anti-spyware and anti-virus. to make sure that you haven'given the o.k to enter your pc try panda online scan(free) it can detect and it removes worms free too!
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/.

i have tried it it worked for me. its always good to measure the performance anti-virus programme with another!!

Now I'm getting the error window each time I restart. Does anyone have any idea where I can begin fixing the problem? Also, once, while restarting, I got a blue screen, saying something like IQRS_Less_than_not_equal or something. So is it a driver problem? Oddly enough, the problem occurs only when my internet cable wire is connected to the computer.

xp prob

yes. you can always try copying the error code and pasting it into the google box and it may tell you what is wrong and how to fix it. but these people on here are good. if they tell you haw to fix they are usually right.
wish i was clever enough to be a tech ex

xp prob

are you sure it scanned properly because that was very quick, it takes about 30 to 50 mins to scan and get the result

I'm attaching my minidump files if it'll help someone find my problem. I'm a real novice at computers, so please if any one gives me any suggestions, I'll be grateful if they were a bit detailed. :) Thanks.

Well yes, I did scan it properly. I guess its my broadband connection that made it work quick. However, I don't think this is a virus type problem, but something more drastic.

Please, anyone? One thing I noted with this problem is that it only occurs when my Internet wire is plugged in the USB port, and its happening in both the computers in my house. So its some sort of networking problem? Please please, help. I'm sure people here can tell me whats wrong.

One minidump is inaccesible by windbg which is the symptom of hardware problem such as faulty RAM. Two minidumps failed with invalid bugcheck code which may be caused USB device driver. Three minidumps crashes with bugcheck code D1 and the failing module is ainu58.sys (usb wireless lan card device driver)

BugCheck D1, {ffffffe8, 2, 1, f6fad356}
Probably caused by : ainu58x.sys ( ainu58x+5356 )

Suggestion
1. Upgrade ainux58.sys
2. Install memtest and stress test your RAM (www.memtest86.org)
3. Upgrade your XP SP1 to latest patch as your XP is 4 four years behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back