Help with a HP KB

learninmypc

Trying to find it online, on the back of it there are these alpha/numeric number
P/N: 539130-001
then there is a bar code & below it the alphanumerica number
C/T: BAUYF0CCP1NFBF I'm trying to locate it online to see what it calls the key that I found out shuts off the monitor. I haven't memorized this LINK yet. Yes, I gently pushed a "crescent moon" key & the monitor went black. Tried pushing it again but nothing.:mad:

:( That just showed me a quick start picture but nothing about the various keys, but thank you. I'll continue looking :)

From HP Support Forum at http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskto...moon-key-function-wired-keyboard/td-p/4830926

Re: half moon key function wired keyboard
Options

‎01-15-2015 03:12 PM

Moving the mouse alone does not bring screen back. You have to move the mouse and hit the halfmoon button as well to bring it back. The order in which you do the two steps does not seem to make any difference but both steps are required.
Thank you, before I try that half moon key again, I'll memorize the keys to shutdown/reboot first :) If I remember correctly, pressing the halfmoon key twice did nothing, ditto 3 times..

Hi, I have that keyboard. Pressing the crescent moon key sends my Dell Dimension 5150 to 'sleep', also shuts down the monitor.
Pressing it once more brings the pc back to the login screen of Windows 8. I don't need to use the mouse for this.

Hi, I have that keyboard. Pressing the crescent moon key sends my Dell Dimension 5150 to 'sleep', also shuts down the monitor.
Pressing it once more brings the pc back to the login screen of Windows 8. I don't need to use the mouse for this.
Would that be different for an HP?

Back