Help with a server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corsair

I'd like to to start work on an mmorpg using the Realm Crafter engine and I was wondering about the server... I intend to build my own but I would like some advice dealing with the hardware of this machine. It will be fully dedicated to the game in all aspects (meaning website support, server-side saving of player accounts and characters, ect...). Any helpful advice would be great. Also, if at all possible I'd like to keep the price down as much as possible. I'm not expecting to have many players in the beginning, but I may need room to upgrade in case the population increases beyond the server's capacity.

P.S. If this is in the wrong place or if this just comes out sounding really stupid I apologize.

Does anyone here know what hardware for building this server I should buy while keeping the cost low or what? If no one knows, can someone point me out to someone who does?

Oh. I wasn't sure where to put this. Thanks... :eek:

If I could get this moved that'd be great... :stickout:

the mods will have to do that, if it doenst get moved b\by tommrow just make a new thered in the correct form "other hardware"

No, it didn't a whole lot. I'm just wondering what the best parts would be to use for this particular project and what I can do to allow it to run as smoothly as possible. I already looked through the forums and didn't really find anything helpful to building an mmo dedicated server.

ok, posyt in the "other hardware fourm" and maybe youull get some attention over there with some more experinced people]

sorry i cvnt be of any more help to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back