help with a tv tuner

By jtickner1
Oct 2, 2006
  1. i just bought the TwinhanDTV Digital Terrestrial TV Card and im having some problems with it,

1st: i got to scan channels with it and it comes up with the rong scanning thing and scans in like 2 seconds and says no channels are found

2nd: once i actually got the proper channel scan to come up (dont no how :(, it found about 3 channles when it should have found more and none of them had a strong signal or it said failure to launch

3rd: some times when i try to play a channel its comes up with an error saying "channel lock failure! failed to play the program

any help would be greatly thanked
  2. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 650

btw WTF is channel lock if anyone knows cause its really starting to make me angry :mad:

heres a pic of the evil channel lock in action

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

I can`t help you directly as I`ve never used that particular tvcard.

However, if you go HERE you will be able to find drivers/manuals etc that may help you solve your problem.

If that doesn`t help you can get online support from HERE and HERE.

Regards Howard :)
  4. jtickner1

thanks ill give it a try
  5. jtickner1

thaks anyway howard but that didnt help :(
  6. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

what antenna are you using? indoors or outdoors/roof?
    what stations are you not picking up?
  7. jtickner1

im using an indoor antenna and should be picking up southern cross, win, abc, tdt, abc2, etc

but i get fine reception from a normal tv using the same antenna
  8. Toink

Toink TS Rookie

hi jtickner1. well, i also had a tv tuner installed but here in our country, indoor antennas don't work quite well. it's either blurred on the reception or it can't find other channels. one thing i do is to hook it up with the cable tv box we had and there i got the receptions right. well maybe the situation might be different from ours but it might help. maybe you should hook it up to a nice outdoor antenna and splitters or other kind of electronic gadget will help.

just my two cents.

have a nice day.
  9. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

actualy, i agree with toink. Try a rooftop antena.. although analogue tv is still good with the indoors, its not as effective for digital tv, unless you got no other radio emitting/metalic devices nearby and using the antenna that came with the card..

i've tried it. i ended up buying a 20m roll of coaxial cable and a splitter box then wired the roof antenna to my room...

you can try downloading the latest terrestrial.dll file or updated program if you want to...

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.