Help with a tv tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtickner1

i just bought the TwinhanDTV Digital Terrestrial TV Card and im having some problems with it,

1st: i got to scan channels with it and it comes up with the rong scanning thing and scans in like 2 seconds and says no channels are found

2nd: once i actually got the proper channel scan to come up (dont no how :(, it found about 3 channles when it should have found more and none of them had a strong signal or it said failure to launch

3rd: some times when i try to play a channel its comes up with an error saying "channel lock failure! failed to play the program

any help would be greatly thanked

btw WTF is channel lock if anyone knows cause its really starting to make me angry :mad:

heres a pic of the evil channel lock in action

I can`t help you directly as I`ve never used that particular tvcard.

However, if you go HERE you will be able to find drivers/manuals etc that may help you solve your problem.

If that doesn`t help you can get online support from HERE and HERE.

Regards Howard :)

what antenna are you using? indoors or outdoors/roof?
what stations are you not picking up?

im using an indoor antenna and should be picking up southern cross, win, abc, tdt, abc2, etc

but i get fine reception from a normal tv using the same antenna

hi jtickner1. well, i also had a tv tuner installed but here in our country, indoor antennas don't work quite well. it's either blurred on the reception or it can't find other channels. one thing i do is to hook it up with the cable tv box we had and there i got the receptions right. well maybe the situation might be different from ours but it might help. maybe you should hook it up to a nice outdoor antenna and splitters or other kind of electronic gadget will help.

just my two cents.

have a nice day.

Actualy, I agree with toink. Try a rooftop antena.. although analogue tv is still good with the indoors, its not as effective for digital tv, unless you got no other radio emitting/metalic devices nearby and using the antenna that came with the card..

I've tried it. I ended up buying a 20m roll of coaxial cable and a splitter box then wired the roof antenna to my room...

you can try downloading the latest terrestrial.dll file or updated program if you want to...

Attachments

• Terrestrial.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back