Help with a Video Corruption Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillzs

Ok here is what's going on, I have built a new computer a few months ago and just bought the new Ghost Recon Game (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter) and when I started to play it the video started messing up. When I say this I mean Random lines shooting from everything, colors where they do not belong all this basically made the game up playable. I tried to attach a screen shot from 2 different computers with no luck so if you want a picture of what I'm talking about email me and I can get you one.

I have checked the Specs on the game and the video card I have a Radeon X 1600 Series with 512 mb onboard and compatable with the latest DirectX 9.0c which I have installed.

The specs for my computer are

Win Xp SP 2 - all uptodate
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz
2 gb mem
ATI Radeon 1600 x Series 512 mb mem - with the latest drivers
160 gb Western Digital hd
GigaByte Mobo

So if anybody could help me get this video problem fixed that would be great. And it would save me a lot of pain in pulling my hair out.

Thanks

I think u mean the colours started bleeding. There are two possible problems:
1. U r playing the game at a resolution higher than what the monitor can support.
2. Ur video card is overheating
That card will play GRAW with no problems, so these are the only things that could be causing problems. Also, ur PC has enough muscle to handle the game, so I doubt it could be a problem with it.
P.S. - Email me those pics on [email address removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update I have tryed playing in a few diffrent Resoultions and still no luck. So the next step I guess would be to try to cool the card more. I have the latest paches so I would hope that is not the problem.

But if anyone have anymore suggestions please let me know I'm all ear's right now.

Steven

Can you tell us what kind of power you're working with, e.g. psu maker, wattage and the amount of amps on the 12v rail(info on the psu sticker)?
Also if you can tell us what temperature your card is running at that'd be great too. Have you tried installing different drivers for your card?

Ah yes I knew I was forgetting something. The psu is a Allied Switching Power supply rated at 500W and the 12v rail is rated at 20a according to the sticker.

The Vid card was idle at 58C and when I started the game and moved around and started doing things it jumped to 72C in about 5 min or less.

I have tried different drivers but got the same results. I belive it was an Omega Drive I tried.

Steven

DAMN! That is way too hot! I have 2 1900XTXs and they release 81C with liquid cooling! I'm starting to think there's a problem with ur heatsink. Try leaving the PC open with both its sides taken off. That might help until u get a permanent solution.

Ok ya I will try that and look at something to get that card cooled. I will let you all know how that works.

Steven

Ah I got it, like promised here is what happened. I first bought a blower to suck more hot air out of the case with no luck as in the card was still hot. So I went to the local PC Club and ordered a Zalman VF700-Cu. This fan is like sticking a AC in your case. It dropped the Temp on my GPU to a 40C idle and when I started playing GRAW if went all the way to 48C. And all the video problems were gone, and the game ran perfect.

Thanks to all those who helped and tossed a few ideas out to consider, you all were a big help.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back