Help With Adding Ram Please Read....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xclusiverudebwo

OK well my pc right now got 1 gig 2 512 mb chips my mobo can hold 2 gigs...any way im thinking of buying a 1 gig ram chip kingston off tiger direct.com if i buy this ram chip will i be abel to keep the 1 gig and a 512 chip in there or would i have to remove both 512 chips and leave 1 gig in there alone?

THANKS...

That depends on your motherboard. Check your manual and it will give you the lay out of what combinations it can handle. Example: DDR SS 512 in slot 1 and 2. DDR DS 512 in slots 1 and 3. (SS =single sided, DS = double sided)

Xclusiverudebwo said:
OK well my pc right now got 1 gig 2 512 mb chips my mobo can hold 2 gigs...any way im thinking of buying a 1 gig ram chip kingston off tiger direct.com if i buy this ram chip will i be abel to keep the 1 gig and a 512 chip in there or would i have to remove both 512 chips and leave 1 gig in there alone?

THANKS...

If youre sure the new 1 GB ram is a 184 pins then you should be fine with leaveing in one of the 512 Ram cards.. THOUGH.. youre MOBO will automaticly run both the cards as the speed of the slowest card.. meaning: if you have one 512 with 266 Mhz and one 1024MB with 400Mhz.. they will both run at the slowest speed.. 266 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back