Help with Athlon XP 2600+ and 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. Here it goes.

For about a month now, I have been having great difficulty getting my ECS KM400-M2 rev. 3 Motherboard to function properly. I have tried my AMD Athlon XP 2600+ FSB 333 and my Athlon XP 3000+ FSB 333 to work properly on this motherboard, but, for some reason, neither one wants to work properly on them.

These are the results with both:

2600+ = The computer turns on, but there is no display or beeps.

3000+ = The computer works, but in Windows, the benchmark shows that it performs slower than a system with a 2000+. Also, there is a low sounding, high pitched screeching coming from the computer.

Now, with both configurations, both would have to be set on the board AND in BIOS to 166, because both processors are 333fsb, and it should run parallel to the RAM cause that is pc2700 ddr ram, which would run 333mhz. The jumpers are set correctly, but then im not sure about what else i should set in BIOS. Maybe voltages? I dont know. But this is getting really frustrating.

Ive already tried contacting ECS, and they havent responded this whole time.

I just dont understand. What else is there for me to do with this situation, besides throwing my computer out the window?!?!?!

Somebody please help me out with this!

Is the version of bios correct for your Mobo? Read the documentation that came with the Mobo to see what bios is required. Check the version you are running in bios. These have to be the same.

Is the version of bios correct for your Mobo? Read the documentation that came with the Mobo to see what bios is required.
Go to setup and check the version you are running in bios. These have to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back