Help with "Backdoor:Win32/Zonebac.B"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

It is Wednesday (10/17) and on Monday (10/15) I began noticing weird behavior on my computer. Monday, while online I had 20 or more tabs opening in less than a minute, they only stopped because I closed the browser.

Each time I turn on my computer there is a message from my AV software saying it has found and quarantined a suspicious software. When I look at the details it lists "Backdoor:Win32/Zonebac.B". It only says it quarantines and not removes though.

I use Windows Live One Care for my AV and all other security. I have done a full scan and all it does is give me the same message. I have also done research online to learn about this.

I cannot find info on "Backdoor:Win32/Zonebac.B" specifically. What I find has "gen!" typed between the "bac." and the "B" ("Backdoor:Win32/Zonebac.gen!B"). Are these the same, just with different names?

I don't know too much about all of this and I am not sure how I got it. I am very careful about what I open and only go to safe sites.

Please help!!! I don't want my computer to get screwed up.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of help_plz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you for your immediate info. I want to give you an update and let you know I called my AV software company tech line. Though I was on the line for over an hour, they used Microsoft Easy Assist and went through my computer removing the Trojan themself.

Now when I do a scan, it says my computer is clean...no backdoor anything is detected!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back