Help With Bios Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, am a newbee needing some help. Ok, here's the deal. I have a problem when running games. I have recently installed the drivers that took my video card out of pci mode into agp 8x. The problem is that now, when most games start up ie. call of duty, they simply crash and exit. Does anyone know the solution to solving this?

Again, I have
-l7vta mobo
-xp2000+ processor
-mentor 8xagp fx 5200 GC

Do i need bios, if so, links to sites where they can be downloaded will be apreciated.

By the way, I had this problem before I installed the hyperion drivers alloing me to use agp8x

Hello A_bit,
Two or three things come to mind:
1. Did you completely remove the old drivers before installing the new ones? Apparently nvidia cards are sensitive about this. If not, find and run detonator destroyer and reinstall the drivers.
2. Sometimes nvidia puts out buggy drivers and you're better off with an earlier version.
3. I've seen posted (in a different forum) that an incorrect graphics aperture size can cause crashes. See if you can find the proper setting on your video card manufacturer's website, then verify that it is correct in your BIOS.
HTH,
Strider

Make sure your card is fully compliant with your motherboard. Set your arpeture to its samllest size, usually 64MB. disable fast writes and side band support in the bios, those are extra performance options you really dont need on at the moment, because we need to find out what is causing the problem. try and stick with nVIDIA's ForceWare drivers that just came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back