Help with Bios pass for dell d620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week a freinds give me a Dell d620 with a bios pass , i remove the 2 battery and wait for 2days ,i search for jumpers to ereas the pass but no way i d'nt found any thing :confused:
It give a gray screen with this "...you can not access the data ... #FPQLL2J-595B
I have never see this before.
If anyone can help me out i would be so grateful.
Thanks in advance

Good luck. I do not know of any Dell more difficult to fix than a Dell Inspiron d620. It is known as unrepairable on this forum, when an unknown password is the issue. Tell us exactly what you men by "...with a bios pass..."? Did they give you an incorrect password?
The EEPROM that holds the password is not replaceable due to soldering issues, and the programming of it is different than other Dells so that an experienced EEPROM programmer cannot deal with it either. The shorting techniques used to delete other Dell passwords do not work with the D620.

Sorry Bro, it's not a Dell inspirion but Dell latitude d620.
It give me an "incorrect pasword"
I have not much experiance with this things, i unlock some PC NB with removing the batery but with this i removed all compenents and see in the mother board if there are some jumpers but i d'nt see any jumpers??

My bad. Sorry for the error. There is no Inspiron d620, so the answer remains the same. Rustam and IDidMyPC600 or whatever his ID may be, and two others on this forum are the experts... not me... but I have previously worked to remove or edit the password on Dell LATITUDE d620 laptops, and found the fix impossible. I do not think you will ever resolve this issue on #FPQLL2J-595B without shipping it back to Dell.

Ship it back to DELL they have ways to unlock it.. But good luck, make sure you have the receipt for it.. Otherwise forget sending it back to them..

You don't need a receipt, but you need a conversation with their tech support first. Also, it is helpful to go online to Dell and change the registered owner to your name and address, even if you do not know the original owner.
After you change the registered owner online, wait a full 72 business hours before you contact them, as they have a built-in delay before you are actually registered.
Dell will fix it. They just won't fix it for free, and it will take 4 to 5 weeks.
We do it all the time.

raybay said:
Dell will fix it. They just won't fix it for free, and it will take 4 to 5 weeks.
We do it all the time.
Is there any other way to fix this problem because we have not credit card to do that :(

Are you sure the short procedure won't work on a Latitude D610? Also I have read that there is a program - Latitude.exe- where you input the service tag number and it generates a master password. I haven't used it myself,....yet. I am having the same problem with a D610 and I'd like to find out if the short procedure works or not before I attempt. Thanks!

There are people on this forum who have found success, which you can find with a careful search.
However the D610 and D620 are totally different animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back