Help with Bit Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaquio

Hi all...
do any one knows how to pump bit torrent?
cause i have a Cable Modem 640K speed but i can only download stuff at 5-10K /s!!!
my top down speed is 93 K/s

please help...

also here is my current bit torrent info

24 Seeds / 10 Peers

currently downloading at 6K/s

im running out of ideas...

Torrents are a bit more complex issue than a simple download. You're using Bit Tornado which is a good choice, however you might want to try something simpler like (muuu)torrent:

http://www.utorrent.com/

or BitComet

http://www.bitcomet.com/

Both are rather small (the first client is tiny) and well featured. The latter has DHT support which is nice, but not so nice - if this is cryptic, please read more on DHT. Bottom line it may speed things up noticeably.

I suppose a simple test is to use a few client software on the same torrents and compare differences.

Another thing. You might have your listening port turned off. If so, turn it on. It helps a lot.

DHT?
i once heard that if it has DHT enabled your download will suck...

more info please

Your download is slow because it's PEER-TO-PEER. You're not downloading from a direct server. You only have 24 uploaders distributing to 10 downloaders which can be slow or fast depending on your peers and seeds connection speed. Honestly, I don't think there's anything you can do about those speeds because i will repeat again, it's in Peer-To-Peer. However, BitComet has supposedly registered faster downloading speeds than BitTornado. BitComet is much better download manager than BitTornado.

nailed it

SNGX1275 nailed it on the head.
you need to open certain ports to use the bittorrent clients. You are probably not connectible to the website you are using (some offer this information).
Do a little research and setup your router/machine to pass through some open ports and you will see a GOOD difference.
Hell some torrent files cannot connect at all if you dont have that setup correctly.

l33t_tek said:
Your download is slow because it's PEER-TO-PEER. You're not downloading from a direct server. You only have 24 uploaders distributing to 10 downloaders which can be slow or fast depending on your peers and seeds connection speed. Honestly, I don't think there's anything you can do about those speeds because i will repeat again, it's in Peer-To-Peer. However, BitComet has supposedly registered faster downloading speeds than BitTornado. BitComet is much better download manager than BitTornado.
Do you really understand how torrents work?

It's a swarming download. In simplest terms everyone is downloading from everyone else regardless of whether they have a complete copy (seeds) or not (peers). Once one of the peers has a "chunk" ready for download it is uploaded to whomever doesn't already have that piece of the completed file.

Peer to peer can be MUCH faster than a direct server unless the direct server is using a very big pipe to the net. Have 10-20 people try to download a large file from a server with a T1 and then compare the same 10-20 people using a torrent to download the same file from 10 seeds with moderate upload capabilities (500k). The torrent will finish faster.

(This is all based on people not turning off their upload and just being leeches.)

notleet said:
Do you really understand how torrents work?

It's a swarming download. In simplest terms everyone is downloading from everyone else regardless of whether they have a complete copy (seeds) or not (peers). Once one of the peers has a "chunk" ready for download it is uploaded to whomever doesn't already have that piece of the completed file.

Peer to peer can be MUCH faster than a direct server unless the direct server is using a very big pipe to the net. Have 10-20 people try to download a large file from a server with a T1 and then compare the same 10-20 people using a torrent to download the same file from 10 seeds with moderate upload capabilities (500k). The torrent will finish faster.

(This is all based on people not turning off their upload and just being leeches.)

does this mean it is better to allow alot more to upload?

It means you should play fair. Don't leech. Allow the torrent to seed once you've downloaded it. I let it go for another day or so. Also, be aware that the torrent algorithms are constantly being redeveloped and you can expect that the code will get smart enough to degrade the service to leeches and promote fair use. The trackers are also, doing what they can, so if you leech you can expect your IP blacklisted.

ok cheers im using bitlord at the mo im pretty new to this althought i have used anther programme called fast torrent, i was trying different ways for faster downloading. anyone for suggestions

Help with downloading Torrent

Hi everyone

my problem is that i'm haveing trouble downloading torrent files

every program i have tried has allways been slow

i'm from austrilia and the internet compyny i'm with is Bigpond

it takes a bout a day to download 600mb

come some help me plz

hi everyone again

i have found out my problem
it was my firewall blocking it
but i max speed for downloading is 24 but it shout be 90kbs

so how can make it faster