HELP WITH BSOD (for Win XP) MINIDUMP INC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTru

Hello I would really appreciate some help with my computer. My computer randomly stops working and a blue screen is displayed. I've read thru other posts and I see that other people have problems similar to mine. So I figured out how to locate the minidump files on my computer. Here they are. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Attachments

• Mini102005-01.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 5
Open up command prompt and type:

SFC /SCANONCE
hit y and enter

Reboot your computer and it's going to ask for you to put in your Windows Service Pack 1 CD ROM, so get your windows cd and put it in your cdrom and click ok.

What it did was scanned through all your main system files like .dlls, ect. and looked for ones that werent what they should be and removed them. Then it reinstalls them off the cd.

It happened to me today actually and that worked for me so maybe it will for you.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are crashing with memory corruption.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

BiZ said:
Open up command prompt and type:

SFC /SCANONCE
hit y and enter

Reboot your computer and it's going to ask for you to put in your Windows Service Pack 1 CD ROM, so get your windows cd and put it in your cdrom and click ok.

What it did was scanned through all your main system files like .dlls, ect. and looked for ones that werent what they should be and removed them. Then it reinstalls them off the cd.

It happened to me today actually and that worked for me so maybe it will for you.
Hi BiZ,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. According my experience and Howard's experience, over haf of the blue screen are caused by faulty ram. Less than 10% of the problem is related to hard disk problem. Attach your minidumps here and I can explain why your problem is related to hard disk.

ok I followed the directions on the page. I cleaned out the dust from the inside of my computer tower and I took my ram stick out and used a pencil eraser to clean the contacts. I downloaded the program memtest. I burned it on to a cd and followed the procedures for it. the first time i ranned the memtest. my computer froze and the screen was scrambled with a bunch of numbers and letters. When i restarted the computer it powered on but i didn't get anything on the screen. After numerous tries of turning on my computer it finally went to windows xp so i powered my computer down then i ranned the memtest program again. The memtest program ranned for about 5 min. then the number of errors was sky rocketing i think it went up to the 10,000 and it kept on going up. So I didn't even wait till it stoped so i powered down my computer and powered it back on and i got into windows. Is my ram faulty? the ram that i have is a 1GB stick that i purchased on ebay about a year and a half ago. I belive it is a generic brand type. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time

If Memtest is giving you errors, then your ram is probably bad.

Have you tried putting your ram in a different dimm slot? Might be worth a try.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back