Help with BSOD - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Hi all,

I was playing a game last night when it randomly crashed. I tried opening it again, but it just constantly crashes. I thought it was just the game but Firefox and other applications started crashing too. I gave it a rest and went to bed. I didn't bother opening the game today but Firefox still crashes etc.. I tried scanning for a virus but the antivirus crashed in the middle of a scan. I noticed one or two applications in my desktop won't open as well. Later on, I got a BSOD (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA). I couldn't view the minidump because it won't let me install (installer crashes too).

I've attached the minidump so you guys can check it for me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Mini021611-01.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 2
First thing you need to do is update to Service Pack 3, SP2 is no longer supported by Microsoft leaving your PC wide open to attack.

Then follow this guide to test your memory. Report back with the results.

Power off the PC and remove the mains connection, always touch the metal of the case with your hands to avoid any static electricity from causing component damage. (On laptops ALWAYS remove the battery before removing or replacing memory modules). Remove all your memory modules. Clean the contacts with a soft rubber (up and down not from end to end) then insert just one module and reboot to test for any change in performance. Repeat this for every module one at a time. Obviously if you only have one module this cannot be done, but you should still remove and clean the module and reseat it and test.

If you only have one stick download this to test it. http://www.memtest.org/

You need to scroll down the page until you see the three blue screenshots. Just below is the list of downloads for Memtest86+ V4.10. Click on Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)and save to your desktop, When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD. In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. http://www.isoimageburner.com/

Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Leave the test to run through at least 5 cycles.

The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.

Back