Help with budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikemysupra

This is what I'm running right now. At this current time, I would like my computer to at least be able to not lag or slow down while in raids in the game World of Warcraft. This is where my computer is definitely lacking.

Motherboard Model: Asus Puffer
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 915P (Grantsdale-P) + ICH6

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 520 @ 2800.0 MHz

Memory: 3x 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM

Video Adapter: ATI Radeon X700 Pro (RV410)
Video Memory: 256 MB GDDR3 SDRAM

Monitor: HP F1703 Flatscreen

Drives: Seagate ST3160021A
Drive Size: 160 GB

Audio: Intel 82801FB ICH6- High Definition Audio
Creative SB0310 Audigy LS Sound Card

This is what I have in my computer currently according to HWINFO32. If there's anything else that you need to know, please let me know.

I would like to upgrade my computer if possible, or if I'm able to replace components as I go, in efforts to replace everything in the end, in a budgetly manner if that makes sense.

@red1776, would using any of the components that you listed in your budget build work for replacing here and there with what I have?

Thanks for any and all the help guys.

Yeah looks like the one. As far as budget, I'm trying to stay low as possible right now, but I kinda like
the setup that red1776 posted in his Budget Gaming Build Guide post. My major goal for the whole thing is that I can play WoW and not have to worry about my computer slowing down or lagging real bad. This gets annoying after a while.

Oh as far as location, I'm in Wisconsin. So either buying everything online or having to go to a store probably wouldn't be a problem.

Hi ilikemysupra.

What exactly is your budget? $700?

If you're looking to get the exact build that red1776 has then it will cost you a lot more money as he has 4 graphics cards in a quad CrossFire setup.

So give us a figure and we'll be able to recommend some decent stuff.

Alright, thanks for looking everything up. One last question, would I in the future be able to upgrade components as I go here and there?

Alright, thanks for looking everything up. One last question, would I in the future be able to upgrade components as I go here and there?

you will, The MB has a second well spaced PCIE slot for a second dual slot cooled graphics card. The AM3 platform will be viable for quite some time to come, and of course the 6 core CPU's from AMD are already out and work in AM3 boards.

After looking at what you suggested kitty, what's the difference between the two? I looked at the pages, but didn't really see the differences.

What?!?
You didn't notice the sexy blue fins?

The timings are 7-8-7-24 2t for the ones i linked to, while the other ones are 9-9-9-24 2t.
It also defaults to a slightly higher voltage.
Its really the same RAM, just clocked a tiny higher. But it's blue.

Nice build but I would recommend a newer motherboard like the MSI AM3 AMD 870 which gives you a better future proof option and a lower price.

Xuquan has a point HK, a 5770 for WoW alone is overkill imo depending on the resolution he plans to play. I personally would go for a 4770 or 4850 and save $60 dollars. But a 5770 does leave more doors open down the road, of course you could always scale down to a 5750.

lol @ kitty, those are some sexy blue fins lol.
@Relic, yeah I'm trying to leave more options open down the road too. Personally, I paid right around 1300 for my hp media center almost 6 years ago, so if I pay a little bit more on a build, and still get something better than what I have, and almost half the price, I'm one happy man haha.

On a side note, I just noticed some squiggly lines going across the top of my monitor, could it possibly be going? I only saw it on the newegg site though... Oh yeah almost forgot, what would you guys recommend for audio? I'm only running the two desktop speakers that came with the computer, but there not nearly as good sounding as my microsoft life chat lx-3000. So any improvement on that end would be nice too, doesn't have to be fancy, just want fuller sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back