Help with crazy keyboard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpius911

Hi guys. I have a really odd problem thats bugging me. me and my GFs pcs are hooked up in the same room. Now her keyboard has been working fine up until tonight we got in and she tries to log in and check her email. After a bit of frustration we notice that her keyboard is behaving VERY oddly. Every time we press a key on her keyboard 2 presses are recorded. This happens with ANY key. KKIINNDD OOFF LLIIKKEE TTHHIISS.. So we think damn it the keyboards buggered, but heres the weird thing. I tried her keyboard in MY pc and it works perfectly! So I guess that rules out her keys not working! After, I tried my keyboard in her pc and it works fine as well!!!!! I just dont get this. The only combination that doesnt work is her pc/keyboard. I know we could switch keyboards but I'd rather not do this as I'm used to my keyboard and want to use my own.
Does anyone have any idea how to sort this one or what might be happening?

Cheers,

SC

I would also take a quick look at her Device Manager and see what it says about the keyboard driver status. Is it a standard keyboard or USB?

OK the keyboard is now toast!! Was sitting at my pc today and GFs PC was turned off. Randomly saw her num, caps and scroll lock flashing like christmas lights. Could also smell burning. PSU was buzzing, turns out the PSU has fried so I'm guessing keyboard probs last night must have been caused by the PSU. Fitted a spare PSU I have lying around and everything else seems fine (thank god) but now definitely need a new keyboard!

Thanks for the replies.

For laughs, goto anappaday.com and dl the input prank. as long as .net is installed it will run. you can set it to change characters, repeat, or reverse them. It would be cruel to do it to your GF this soon after the actual problem, but its fun to do it to a co-worker or fellow gamer at a lan party or a buddy when hes not lookin; Praise USB drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back